Headlines
Published On:
By Staff Reporter : PNG Today

Morobe to register new schools

The grade eight (8) national examinations in the Morobe Province saw a large number of students, totalling up to 13 000 sitting for the exams, however the chances of being selected to grade 9 for students have been quite slim in the past years, hence the Morobe Education Division is now looking to register four new schools to address this concern.

Division of Education Provincial Program Advisor Mr. Keith Jiram stated that out of all the students that sit the exams, about 40 % are selected whilst the other 60% miss out on continuing to grade 9.
“We are thinking of establishing and registering new schools so that we increase the percentage of grade nine intake.” says Mr. Jiram.

Mr. Jiram says he will be meeting with the Teaching Service Commission and the Department of Education regarding this plan to ensure that the schools are registered and ready for intake by next year.
The four schools the Morobe Division of Education is aiming to register include Ragiampun High school, Wantoat High School, Buang High school and the Kabwum Vocational School. Read more on >> PNG Education News Online
PNGFM

Posted by Staff Reporter : PNG Today on 1:16 AM. Filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Feel free to leave a response

Subscribe to Daily News

Enter your email address:

Delivered by PNG Today

Technology Tips

© 2017 PNG Today . Powered by Blogger.