Headlines
Published On:
By Staff Reporter : PNG Today

UPNG Students Accomadation Hall burnt down

Over 80 first year University of Papua New Guinea students now have no where to sleep and do their studies after their dormitory got burnt down by fire last night.
According to students residing at the Talaigu Dormitory, the fire started at the top floor at around 6pm believed to be caused by an electrical fault.
The fire crews arrived at the sight, but were unable to stop the spread of the fire due to not enough fire hydrants located at the dormitory area for additional water for fire fighters to use.
One of the first year students James Konga said he was at the mass having his meal at the time the fire start, but by the time he ran out to save his things the fire had already spread.
“I heard other students shouted fire then I ran out to see my dorm burning. I managed to save some of my things,” he said.
Meanwhile, the students are now frustrated and blamed the poor maintenance of the dormitory for the fire.
According to Student Warden Mr. Samuel Banake, the dormitories were renovated some years back, but since that time of renovation not much has been done. PNGFM

Posted by Staff Reporter : PNG Today on 3:17 AM. Filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Share this Article

Advertisement

Subscribe to Daily News

Enter your email address:

Delivered by PNG Today

© 2017 PNG Today . Powered by Blogger.